Arts Etobicoke Board & Staff: News
Check out what’s new with our Board of Directors and staff!
• WELCOME to new Board Member Manminder Jagait.
• BEST WISHES to Cass Reimer who has moved on to pursue her education degree at the University of Toronto. Cass shared the position of Program Coordinator with Shira Spector at Arts Etobicoke and we appreciate the expertise and friendship that Cass shared over the years.
• CONGRATULATIONS to Shira Spector who received a Toronto Arts Council Writer's Grant (level 2) in October to continue working on a trilogy of graphic novels already supported by The Canada Council for the Arts and the Ontario Arts Council.
• GRAHAM CURRY has taken on the position of Gallery Director at Arts Etobicoke, in addition to her role as Art Rental & Sales Consultant. A recent graduate of OCAD, Graham is one of the artists selected to be part of an exhibition displayed at the offices of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services. Congratulations Graham!
• LOUISE GARFIELD, Executive Director traveled to Windsor, Ontario to participate as a speaker at the National Mural Symposium 2012 (presented by Mural Routes). Running from Oct 12-14, this event was a professional development opportunity for mural artists, arts administrators, arts educators, public art consultants and creative developers of community space.
• CONGRATULATIONS to former Board Member Suzan Hall who received the Queen’s Jubilee Medal.
• CONGRATULATIONS to Treasurer Veronica Bila and family on the arrival of baby girl Emily.